Head of Publishing DACH
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result into genre-defining games. Back in 2009, that vision gave birth to our debut title League of Legends, which achieved critical acclaim among players and became the most played PC game in the world. We are honored to serve over 100 million players worldwide every month.
To support our growth and nurture our relationship with German, Austrian, and Swiss players, we opened a publishing office in the heart of Berlin. To make that initiative a success we need inspiring leaders to help us build it up.
That’s where you come in.
As Head of Publishing DACH, you’re an integral part of our management team in Berlin and you drive our content production, PR, branding, and community management efforts. You love challenging convention with entrepreneurial spirit, you’re willing to embrace the unknown and you’re able to come up with groundbreaking initiatives that will take our relationship with players and media partners to the next level.
You're eager to design and develop experiences that genuinely engage players and encourage them to set the interwebs abuzz with their ongoing conversations. With your network already established, you'll also be able to recruit, retain, and grow Publishing professionals and agencies who'll help Riot reach its strategic goals for player and esports community initiatives.
As a Berlin Rioter, you’ll join a dedicated team of specialists committed to becoming the most player-focused game company in the world. You share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and intense passion for gaming.
You’ll report to the Country Manager DACH and you’ll work as part of the Berlin leadership team with the Head of Marketing and Head of Esports.
We’re looking for a humble, ambitious, and broad-thinking publishing leader who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor.
- Experienced: you have at least 7 years of leadership experience in publishing (brand, content creation, community). Ideally, you’ve worked on the launch of a few AAA digital products (games, movies, apps) in the German market. You know plenty of real-world and digital publishing techniques, which you’ve successfully used in the past to create large-scale reach and satisfaction.
- Player focused: you understand your impact on the player experience because you are a player too. You use that knowledge to improve the overall experience of all our games.
- Strategic: you have a broad vision of the German games and media landscape. You can target the most relevant strategic avenues to bring our publishing initiatives to the right crowd, in the right fashion.
- A sharp judge: you have an eye and ear for great assets that have an impact on our DACH regions while staying true to our global brand vision and direction.
- A leader by example: you build, lead, and inspire teams by walking the talk. You are self-aware, you can take feedback well, and you remain open to constructive criticism. You can recognize failure and learn from mistakes.
- Talent driven: you know how to support Rioters in their career development, you hold frequent development discussions, set stretch goals. Ultimately, you love to see your team members succeed and grow in their careers.
- A modern thinker: you stay up-to-date and ahead of the curve of publishing initiatives carried out by other innovative gaming and media companies, whether in DACH or abroad.
- Agile and organized: roadblocks, constraints, dogmas, none of these scare you. Your energy is positive and focused on finding solutions to deliver your vision to all players. You show a clear “can-do” attitude and lead by that example.
- A strong communicator: you have excellent communication and presentation skills in German and English.
- Educated: you studied or used agile project and team management (such as SCRUM, XP, etc.), lean processes (such as Kanban), and/or objective driven management (such as OKR). As you are responsible for the content in the region your German is contemporary and connects with players.
- Build, grow, and run a highly capable team that delivers top-notch publishing and community involvement to German speaking players and media partners
- Foster our culture: it’s all about achieving the right goals to have a meaningful impact on the market, it’s not about a list of tasks to tick off
- Create focus within your teams: guide them in the priority-setting process, eliminate blockers, and facilitate execution
- Establish clear directions and maintain an open dialogue within your teams and with other disciplines at our Berlin office and at our global offices
- Define key performance indicators to set goals for and track the performance of our publishing efforts, and help your teams gain and maintain a data-informed perspective on their work
- Inspire and support the career development of our publishing Rioters
- Provide publishing support to other disciplines, such as competitive gaming (esports) and marketing