Senior Communications Strategist - Corporate
The global communications team members endeavor to shape our worldwide identity and reputation. We cover everything vital to the brand and work across all teams, sharing the news with millions of players globally who love League, its Champions and our massively popular esports. We love games and enjoy telling the emotionally resonate stories that come with them.
As Senior Communications Strategist - Corporate reporting to our Corporate Communications Lead, you will develop communications representing Riot and its leadership across media and all Riot-owned channels (internal, riogames.com, etc). You'll master Riot's brand and executive voices and author communications that authentically reflect them. You'll collaborate with press-types to share narratives in an authentic, player-focused way.
- Master Riot's corporate brand voice, drafting internal and external communications on behalf of Riot's CEO and leadership team
- Work in partnership with internal and external communications partners to align messaging with our master narrative
- Anticipate potential negative coverage and serve as an adept crisis communications manager
- Author bylines, op eds, and other direct-to-player communications on behalf of the Riot corporate brand
- Develop relationships with communications leads and leadership across Riot to gain agreement and ensure central messaging represents them
- Land positive coverage across a spectrum of earned and owned channels globally and regionally (in partnership with regional offices)
- Become a brand expert promoter for Riot and its games and sniff out the right stories, developments, and news that need to be shared externally
- Help to prepare spokespeople for media and other public facing opportunities, anticipating questions, issues, and any other potholes
- 7+ years of experience with PR or the media space
- Experience with crisis communications and responding to sensitive and rapidly-escalating situations in an assuring manner
- Well versed in writing, with deep experience communicating the unique voices of individual executives and brands
- Familiarity with exercising great discretion as it relates to confidential information
- Experience maintaining road maps and business strategies to help your team align with leadership, merchandise achievements, and successes
- Desire to set up and be steadfast in partnerships within the media and elsewhere, and ability to build a reputation as the best 'first call' for any breaking news
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, however being a master storyteller in connecting a corporate brand to resonant player experience will blow us away. If you embody player empathy and ensure every aspect of the corporate narrative speaks to that, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).