Senior Software Engineer - League of Legends Data
The League of Legends Data team works with many groups to support business intelligence, analytics, and data science use cases across League of Legends. From building models to understand and predict the impact of design decisions in the game to collaborating with engineers on the game platform to build a data-informed understanding of system performance and reliability, our team directly impacts the player experience with every project.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the League of Legends Data team, you will shape the technical vision and lead development efforts to build robust and reliable data solutions and platforms that analyze petabytes of data. You will be expected to work with a wide variety of technologies and tools. You'll bring your depth of expertise of working with large scale data to help us build efficient solutions, evangelize best practices, as well as provide mentorship to other engineers. You will report directly to the Engineering Manager on the League of Legends Data team.
- Lead the design and implementation of new software components
- Teach, support, and guide other engineers to raise the technical bar and establish lasting mentorship relationships
- Identify and resolve systemic issues across the product and team
- Build and maintain services to improve the quality and speed of data transportation and processing across the game servers, platform, and central services
- Apply software engineering best practices to the data space to improve the long term sustainability and reliability of our data products
- Participate in interviewing and act as an essential member for hiring decisions
- 6+ years of relevant work experience related to the role
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science/related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience as a technical leader with the ability to set technical vision
- Experience building and maintaining software in languages like Java or C++
- Experience building distributed systems, microservices, and software at high scale
- Experience mentoring and leading others
- Experience in Python
- Experience with related data processing (Spark, Flink, Hive) and storage systems (S3, Vertica, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Dynamo, MySQL, Postgres)
- Experience with related data pipelining tools (Airflow, Luigi)
- Experience deploying cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP) using containers (Docker, Kubernetes) and infrastructure as code (Terraform, Ansible)
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).