Software Engineer Intern - Web/Services
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul, or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer Intern, you’ll work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Software Engineer Intern - Web/Services, you may:
- Develop highly available and robust services for League of Legends and future games
- Learn to operate services on a global scale for millions of players
- Build portals and platform tools to ensure new and existing games to make use of shared client, social and platform infrastructure
- Work across multiple platforms (Web, Desktop Apps, Mobile Apps, Services)
- Assist other Rioters by building integration products for our multi game platform
- Enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more term following the internship
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 weeks at the indicated office during the summer
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Familiarity with an object-oriented programming (OOP) language i.e. Java, C++
- Familiarity with web tech i.e. HTTP, REST
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with testing practices e.g. unit testing, functional testing
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Familiarity with SCRUM/Agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with the software development life cycle (SDLC)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. You can expect subsidized meals and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close October 31st 11:59pm PT
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).