Senior Quality Assurance Analyst - Unpublished R&D Product
At Riot, we believe “QA” is more than the bug finding process that follows months of development work. For us it’s a set of values, practices and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists and designers to realize their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. By honing our craft of quality and demonstrating cross discipline partnerships we are improving how quickly we can deliver while reaching ever higher degrees of product integrity. This exciting opportunity challenges us to rethink our approach every single day to deliver the very best for our players. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players, globally.
You will work with numerous disciplines to promote quality ownership across the software development life cycle, and establishing and accomplishing team wide quality goals. It will be important for you to protect the player experience in a high pressure, agile development environment. You will also be accountable as the quality owner of an area or product in addition to implementing quality improvements to the team’s development process. Additionally, you may partner with and mentor remote QA teams to ensure features are delivered at a high-quality bar. Lastly, you will Find and address risks to feature delivery and product quality and craft data to report on the quality of the product and update partners.
As a Sr QA Analyst on our R&D team you will work on an unannounced game and will help Riot test and ship a brand new title. You will collaborate with developers to support testing activities across all disciplines. You will also ensure the delivery of all test coverage within your product space and manage test, telemetry, defect data and report on product quality.
- Oversee development of established quality goals for the team and improving on methods of execution on the team level. The Sr. QA Analysts act as the voice of the player with the power to escalate problems and risks beyond the team. The Sr. QA Analysts will manage test planning at the team level and act as the point of contact and coordination for remote workforce.
- Conduct verification testing and regression testing on fixed defects.
- Facilitate defect triage process and manage defects in database
- Work with external testing groups to execute test plans
- Make improvements that yield either better processes or better quality of product.
- Assemble data to report on the quality of your team’s product and disseminating information to team members.
- 2+ years Quality Assurance experience
- Familiarity with JIRA and test case management tools
- ISTQB Foundation Level, Agile Tester, Expert Level or Advanced Test Manager Certification
- ICAgile Test Expert (ICE-AT), or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST) Certification
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).