Release Manager - League of Legends, Release Production
The Production discipline at Riot helps teams understand the vision of the product, and how we’re going to get there. We assist in building and delivering experiences beyond our audience's expectations. We’re involved in almost every product you can think of, be it an epic new skin, the Mechs vs. Minions board game, or the internal tools needed by engineers or artists to speed up their craft. Whatever the calling, we identify and deliver the solution that our audience needs.
As a Release Manager at Riot you will be joining one of our teams responsible for updating and deploying our games across the globe. Release Managers are responsible for improving the product delivery pipeline with a continuous delivery mindset using both process and technology at your disposal. You understand what fuels games as a live service and have a passion to improve the experience for internal developers getting content out the door, and more importantly, the players. You’re a communication expert able to craft efficient and clear messages to any size group or situation. You’ll wrangle process and organize teams to keep momentum building, fostering teamwork and continuous improvement across the organization.
As a Release Manager on the League of Legends Release Team, you’ll report into the team’s Senior Release Manager. The team manages the process in which each major League of Legends patch update is delivered globally to Riot, Garena, and Tencent regions. You'll build strong relationships that enable you to collaborate across a variety of different teams and deliver tons of value to players.
- Manage the overall League of Legends release cycle process
- Lead projects that improve the development cycle or release process and tools
- Work closely with product team leadership to help manage major releases for product and feature launches
- Coordinate the release process for our partners in Tencent and Garena
- Assess the risks of release schedule, milestones, and deployment plans to ensure the safe and reliable release of any content, feature, patch, or product
- Hold teams accountable for delivering and maintaining a high bar for the quality of their product’s release
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ Years in a role as (or similar to) a Project Manager, Production Coordinator, Live Producer, or Quality Assurance
- 2+ Years experience in ambiguous problem spaces, dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place
- A basic understanding of the software (or game) development process, including how code moves through a development pipeline to various different environments and is deployed out to production
- 2+ years in a role as (or similar to) a Release Manager, Producer or Product Manager
- Ability to quickly grasp new processes and technology
- Moderate knowledge of the product or genre
- Quality Assurance testing experience
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).