Senior Software Engineer - League of Legends, Content Efficiency
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC games in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Content Efficiency Team, you’ll help maintain the core suite of tools and asset pipelines leveraged in nearly every aspect of League of Legends development. For this role you'll report into the team's Engineering Manager. You will also collaborate with other teams and disciplines to ensure that your work improves the quality of life and effectiveness of those stakeholders. Our tools are written in C++ and make heavy use of the QT ecosystem for UI/UX, and we also use Python utilities, scripts, and plugins.
- Write code and author architectural design documents
- Participate in the team's support rotation
- Develop/test/deploy/maintain frameworks, platforms, and tools
- Work on build and deployment tools for all of League of Legends
- Pair with other software engineers, stakeholders, QA, and product owners.
- 6+ years of deep hands-on experiences with compiled programming languages (C/C++, Java, Go, or C#)
- Have been responsible for driving the design and development of several medium to large sized features (4 - 8+ week scope), including requirements gathering, planning, testing, and release or deployment
- Experience optimizing the performance of code
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team, including design/code reviews, coding standards, source control management, build processes, and testing
- You’ve led your team in making technical decisions (for example: served as Technical Lead for a story or feature)
- You've advocated for code excellence and non-functional requirements including software performance, scalability, and maintainability
- You have mentored others in both soft and hard skills
- Experience working on multiple game development pipelines (animation, VFX, environment)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).