Senior Tools Engineer, Tech Art - League of Legends
That's where you come in.
The mission of a Tools Engineer in Tech Art at Riot is to establish and improve the systems, tools, rigs, and workflows that unleash the creativity of our artists and allow the production of the best possible art content for our players.
As a Tools Engineer, you’ll focus on defining and building the tools and tech that get our art assets into the game. This will involve building pipelines and workflows for DCC (Digital Content Creation) software, collaborating with Tech Art in the design of our in-house tools, and consulting with art to discover the best possible solutions to the challenges we face.
- Level up the end-to-end workflow for our many art disciplines, such as Character Art, Animation, Environment Art, and VFX
- Provide technical support to artists working from our art workflows, collecting data to further improve the tools they are using, making recommendations and improvements where necessary
- Partner with Tech Art to prototype new art assets and build asset generation pipelines and tools
- Collaborate with production to develop a long-term strategy to maintain and evolve the art workflows for your product
- Build close relationships with the Tech Art and artists you work alongside with to better understand their needs and collaborate on designs and workflow solutions
- 5+ years experience in game development or related industries
- Expertise in game development using modern engines, such as Unreal or Unity
- Expertise in content creation and tool development in DCC tools, ideally Maya and Photoshop
- Expertise with art pipelines
- Fluent in Python and C#
- Experience in shader writing (HLSL/GLSL)
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profis
We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously. Apply below and don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter.