Senior QA - League of Legends: Player Immersion & Expression
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a primary contributor to the explosive growth of Esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide
At Riot, we believe “QA” is more than the bug-finding process that follows months of development work. For us, it’s a set of values, practices, and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists, and designers to accomplish their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. By honing our craft of quality and demonstrating cross-discipline partnerships we are improving how quickly we can bring outstanding experiences while reaching ever higher degrees of product integrity. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for players, globally.
As a Senior QA Analyst on the Player Immersion & Expression team, you will report to a QA Manager. You will be the champion of quality focused on a comprehensive approach to black and white box testing to ensure the success of Riot’s League of Legends content offerings. You will collaborate to craft test plans. You will establish testing requirements and quality bars. You will perform exploratory testing and risk analysis. You will use QA and other essential metrics to improve the efficiency and efficacy of testing and guide implementation of static, dynamic, and validation testing processes. You will build close relationships with partners and achieve product health reports. You put the players first, and work with your development team to take on ambiguous and complex problems to ameliorate player pain.
- Build and potentially establishing team-level quality goals for product
- Handle communication related to test status with internal partners
- Lead outsourced QA teams, overseeing and auditing test results
- Run and triage defect database
- Create test plans which establish the test structure and rhythm
- Improve on methods of test execution at the team-level.
- Inform product team on quality goals and when there are quality concerns
- Raise concerns to product or discipline leadership
- Signs off on product quality during release process
- 2+ years of QA experience needed
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with strategic goal setting
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years QA experience
- Experience developing test strategies, test planning, and test design
- Agile Product Development and Agile Testing experience
- Knowledge of Product Development Pipelines and Workflows
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST) Certification
- ISTQB Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst Certification
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).