In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Delivering visually stunning experiences for a global audience while also building new games gives artists exciting and complex problems to solve. Here, artists are working not only with one another, but also side-by-side with game designers, narrative writers, and audio designers and engineers to ensure that each piece of content from Riot reaches the level of quality players deserve. From animations to illustrations, cinematics to comics, characters to environments, we work as a team to put players first.
As a Concept Artist at Riot you will bring characters, creatures and/or environments to life. Drawing inspiration from as little as a napkin sketch or as much as a full-blown narrative concept, you will generate ideas and craft designs that are resonant, compelling and iconic. As a problem solver, first and foremost, you will help come up with visual solutions for game concepts and world building.
- Sketch, ideate, and iterate new character/creature concepts in collaboration with other developers
- Develop detailed concept art and orthographs for 3D artists and animators to implement into working game assets
- Creatively problem solve and figure out efficient solutions on executing the look and feel of the character/creature
- Collaborate closely with other disciplines to define characters/creatures that are both narrative and visually cohesive
- Take your knowledge of story tropes, archetypes, and narrative devices of all kind to help improve the designs that go into our worlds
- Bring your understanding of human and animal anatomy and know how to stretch the limits while still maintaining a consistent art direction
- Experience working with Photoshop or other relevant painting/design tools
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).