Learning and Development Facilitator
Riot’s People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all of those typical HR activities such as hiring, onboarding, learning and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, big events, labor relations, off-boarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
“Riot Denewbification,” or “Denewb” for short, is Riot’s answer to new hire orientation, and is a program offered by Riot’s central Learning and Development team. Denewb seeks to provide an excellent onboarding for new Rioters by helping them get settled, building connections with Rioters across the organization, and sharing Riot’s values and through stories and discussions.
As a Facilitator on our Learning and Development team, you will share Riot’s values, mission, and strategy with new Rioters as they begin their own journeys with Riot. You will help determine what great learning looks like as you shape content, adapt to a variety of learning styles, and evaluate our learning experiences. You can’t do it alone, though, so your relationship building skills will be essential to collaborating with speakers, hiring managers, and recruiting partners around the world.
- Facilitate a variety of instructor led courses to new incoming Rioters
- Foster relationships with multiple disciplines and products across Riot to design top-tier L&D solutions
- Help design learning tools and experiences that meet Riot’s educational needs
- Establish essential measures for success and evaluate learning experiences to ensure they keep pace with the needs of Riot and Rioters; upgrade development resources and open additional classes as new needs and interests crop up
- Ensure all educational curricula meet Riot’s needs and share the company culture; identify new learning opportunities by holding open discussions, performing needs analysis, and interviewing fellow Rioters to better understand their needs.
- Coordinate schedules of Rioters involved in the course (speakers, hiring managers, and recruiters, international, etc.) and maintain pre-work/classroom resources.
- Support and transition Rioters into their new work home.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- 2+ years classroom facilitation experience
- 2+ years experience in L&D or supporting new hire orientation programs
- Ability to teach through story-telling
- Must be able to display knowledge of League of Legends champions
- Demonstrate intermediate level use of (G-Suite) Slides and/or PPT
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.