HR Business Partner
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
Riot’s People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all of those typical HR activities such as hiring, on-boarding, training and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, big events, labor relations, offboarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
As HR Business Partners, we do not act as a compliance function and we don’t make decisions from an ivory tower. Instead, we focus our energy on business needs, carefully listening to the problem spaces, and working with Rioters to get to an optimal outcome. We view ourselves as trusted, yet flexible, consultants and advisors, with a specific expertise in all things “HR”. Working in HR at Riot enables you to redefine what positive human resources practices are. We reimagine events, onboarding, perks, and communications so they deeply resonate with our workforce.
As a senior HBusiness Partner (Japan), you bring deep knowledge, as well as a broad skillset, to the teams in Japan office. You act as the go-to resource for all things related to talent, ranging from performance management to Total Rewards to crafting and creating organizational design improvements. You’ll provide key counsel to business efforts as you work collaboratively with leaders. You work on developing and evolving talent programs that’ll help Rioters thrive, and you drive aligned, data-informed talent decisions by acting as a strategist, coach, culture evangelist, talent steward, and designer/deployer of tools and programs that turn Rioter potential into performance and results. You will dedicate time to growing and mentoring Rioters throughout the company, and you will introduce carefully crafted programs and processes to ensure programs work for Rioters.
Utilizing your strong communication skills and upbeat personality, you’ll build and maintain a network of trust throughout Riot Japan, so every people problem is met head-on by Rioters armed with the right tools.
- Excellent communication skill in both Japanese & English, interpersonal, relationship building, consulting, teamwork and leadership experience
- Ability to regularly context shift in a heavily matrixed environment
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and analysis
- Ability to work in and manage ambiguity - dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
- Experience supporting cross functional product groups in entertainment, gaming or a tech company
- Works to develop a people strategy in order to: achieve key business results, support business strategy
- Influence different levels of the organization
- Demonstrates growth, mentorship, and consultative skills in guiding others through complex organizational challenges
- Provide strategic business and thought partnership
- Integrate and partner with HR colleagues in the Recruiting, Learning & Development, Compensation, and the other Central People teams to implement solutions for a scaling business
- Provide coaching and developmental feedback to people managers and individual contributors
- Working with our Rioter Relations partners, help to solve employee relations issues
- Participate as an integral member of the HRBP team
- Potentially manage a small team
- 8+ years of experience in a HR generalist/business partner/manager role with proven progression, 4+ years leading and developing people
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Organizational Design or other relevant field, or equivalent work experience
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.