Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints. That's where you come in.
Collaborating with the Country Manager, Strategy Lead (Japan) will be a critical thought partner for the senior leadership team. You will work on diverse strategic topics and collaborate with teams in Japan and other regions around the world. Your board skill set and sharp business insights will help us to upgrade current services and manage to build the company wide long-term strategies.
- Strategist, your foresight is 20/20, enabling you to get a jump on future trends and shifts with seer-like accuracy; you anticipate consequences, creating breakthrough strategies and plans that zig when everyone else is stuck in the zag
- Robust in analytical and critical thinking competencies.
- Organized, outcome-focused, and comfortable with running multiple work streams.
- Self-directed, independent thinker who is also adept at collaboration.
- Strong in communication, you've honed your presentation, persuasion, and interpersonal skills with business level fluency in English so you seamlessly connect with both players and global team members.
- Entrepreneurial, roadblocks, constraints, dogmas, none of these scare you. Your energy is positive and focused on finding solutions to deliver your vision to Japanese players and set higher standards. In other words: “get it done!”
- Humbitious, you’re ambitious but humble, a state of being summed up by fans of portmanteau as “humbitious;” always striving for continuous improvement, you never forgo rounds of feedback from teammates, players, and partners who keep you from drifting off into space
- Player focused, you understand your impact on the player experience because you’re a player too; you listen closely to community members to better understand their needs before they do and use that knowledge to improve the overall League of Legends experience
- Support and collaborate with the Country Manager by providing insights on Business Intelligence and Business Development.
- Execute high impact projects addressing multiple dimensions of strategy, including where to play (e.g., evaluating markets), how to win (e.g., go-to-market strategies), and operating model (e.g., decision-making and accountability structures).
- Drive research, analyze strategic issues, develop hypotheses and project plans.
- Translate findings into meaningful insights and present recommendations to key partners.
- Advise and collaborate with key stakeholders including senior executives
- Drive other company-wide strategic initiatives
- Experience at a premier strategy consulting firm or corporate strategy group.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master Degree in relevant field from top institutions.
- 5+ years of job experience.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.