Senior Development Manager - Player Platform, Player Experience
The Production discipline at Riot helps teams understand the vision of the product, and how we're going to get there. We assist in building and delivering experiences beyond our audience's expectations. We're involved in almost every product you can think of, be it an epic new skin, the Mechs vs. Minions board game, or the internal tools needed by engineers or artists to speed up their craft. Whatever the calling, we identify and provide the solution that our audience needs.
Senior Development Managers are delivery leaders, offering mentorship to level-up their craft Riot-wide. We lead teams to provide player value through agile work systems and practices. While driving internal understanding and accountability for teams and development organizations, we focus on continual improvement.
As a Senior Development Manager on the Player Experience group of teams, you will be a part of a strategic group leading delivery efforts and bringing platform user and visual experiences to players around the globe. You will lead the processes and tooling required for supporting delivering products across three teams spanning desktop PC experiences, mobile experiences, and gaming console platforms, such as Microsoft Xbox One, Sony PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch. You will report to the Initiative Delivery Lead within Player Platform.
The Player Experience team within Player Platform defines and executes on cohesive and meaningful “out of game” and “around game” experiences for players. Some of these areas include features and capabilities such as account creation, game installation and update, authenticating, identity management, and managing and chatting with friends to name a few. These solutions and products set the standards for how players engage with League of Legends and future games.
- Establish frameworks and guide best practices across the multiple teams within Player Experience to assess team health and composition
- Manage and track production and development schedules and workflows, while raising risks, managing trade-offs and eliminating blockers
- Mentor development managers within Player Platform
- Advocate a consistent work system and tool set to teams with Player Experience, helping reduce local pains with tracking and visibility
- Partner with product managers and UX designers within the PC desktop client experience, social experience, and up-and-coming mobile and console experience domains
- Work with the initiative’s leadership in understanding gaps in tracking, visibility, and management of cross-team projects and solutions, bringing solutions to the initiative
- 7+ years experience managing technical projects
- Experience leading engineering teams and partners
- Experience leading diverse teams in delivering products to a global audience
- Experience chartering large-scale projects across multiple teams
- Proven ability to influence diverse teams without formal authority
- Excellent presentation capabilities, able to present clearly and concisely to partners, customers and leaders at Riot
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple groups
- Experience working in a matrixed technical organization
- Excellent knowledge of agile and waterfall methodologies
- Experience designing, implementing, and improving work systems on multi-team and single-team levels
- Experience working with distributed teams and facilitating virtual meetings that are inclusive and engaging
- Experience delivering software products that support multiple platforms and operating systems (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo, etc.)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).