Quality Assurance Lead - Player Platform, Riot SDK
At Riot, we believe “QA” is more than the bug finding process that follows months of development work. For us it’s a set of values, practices and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists and designers to accomplish their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. By honing our craft of quality and demonstrating cross discipline partnerships we are improving how quickly we can deliver while reaching ever higher degrees of product integrity. This exciting opportunity challenges us to rethink our approach every single day to ensure we deliver the very best for our players. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players, globally.
As a QA Lead on the Player Platform, Riot SDK team, you'll promote quality with comprehensive approach to testing to ensure the success of Riot’s projects. You will craft test plans, establish testing requirements & quality bars, perform exploratory testing, and guide implementation of static and dynamic testing processes. In addition, you'll also build close relationships with partners and deliver product health reports regularly. You will put the players first, and work closely with development teams to tackle ambiguous and complex problems to combat player pain.
As a member of the Riot SDK team you will help define and lead manual and automated test strategies for SDKs across various platforms. This position reports to the QA Manager for Riot's Player Platform.
- Establish and execute team-level quality goals.
- Informs product team and discipline leadership on quality goals.
- Calls out risks and quality concerns to product and discipline leadership when necessary.
- Collaborates with team QA to builds and maintains dynamic test plans that are informed by the initiative-level test strategy.
- Works with the Product Owners and team members to understand user stories and inform quality decisions throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Mentor Quality Analysts and share knowledge with the rest of the Quality Discipline at Riot.
- Coordinates with other product team Quality Owners to maintain effective and efficient cross-product test coverage.
- Explore and help implement automated test solutions to build sustainable testing across SDK platforms
- 2+ years of quality oriented experience in games or software development.
- Good quality risk assessment and test project planning.
- Experience managing test vendors or QA outsource efforts.
- Experience as embedded QA with automated testing experience.
- Good understanding of SCRUM/Agile and ability to implement QA strategy into Agile environments.
- Experience with C/C++, Java, C#, Objective-C/Swift.
- Experience with one or more of the following platforms: Microsoft Windows OS. (desktop), iOS or Android OS (mobile), XB1, PS4, Nintendo Switch (console).
- Experience with RESTful web-services and AWS.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and pipelines.
- Experience with Swagger, Perforce, Git Artifactory., JIRA, Jenkins.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).