Broadcast Engineering Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
As Broadcast Engineering Manager you will oversee the technical and operational delivery of broadcast productions, including managing Broadcast Engineering staff, maintaining equipment, providing communications and technical support and liaising directly with client as a key point of contact. Your responsibilities will also include project management activities as required, which will involve project planning, reporting and budgeting.
You have experience of working in an Engineering capacity on an MCR or on remote productions, with the ability to train, mentor and manage members of the team. You also can build long-lasting relationships with customers and important partners.
There will be some some travelling involved (approximately 30 days per year on the road for road shows, training, trade shows), therefore you should be willing and flexible to work away from home.
As a Berlin Rioter, you’ll join a growing team of diverse and dedicated professionals who share our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention and passion for the game. You will be a part of Live Operations team and report directly to Senior Operations Manager.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in Live/Post broadcast engineering
- Experienced with leading a Broadcast Engineering team a plus
- Experienced with sporting events and live production in studio a plus
- Manage and support other engineers in the context of show and event production
- Operations include provisioning, routing, and monitoring multiple A/V feeds to and from our broadcast facilities around the globe
- Manage broadcast assets as well as load-in and setting up events for live production
- Work with e-sports production teams on identifying and quantifying opportunities for improving production quality, efficiency, and player experience
- Contribute to retros on all large productions, analyzing, and resolving technical issues
- Act as a resource for support and production requests from show production crew and outside partners
- Installation, diagnosis, and maintenance of various video in HD, audio, data, base band, signal processing, encoding and transmission gear
- Support broadcast show applications and their configurations, compression equipment, network components, automation and monitoring
- Support deployments of new services, systems, applications and architectures with installation, configuration, integration, evaluation, testing, documentation, and training
- Troubleshoot a variety of broadcast equipment including but not limited to analog/digital receivers, encoders, decoders, signal processors, video/audio/IP routers, patch panels, converters, video servers, switchers, multiplexers, modulators, power amplifiers, edit bays and network attached storage on fiber/ethernet
- Design workflow/CAD wiring diagrams covering studio design and architecture
- Understanding of baseband video signals, routing, encoding, and decoding
- Basic understanding of IP based networking, subnetting and routing
- Experience with working on Windows, Unix, and Mac-based systems at the CLI
- Understanding of Digital Asset Management workflows
- Experience with the movement of uncompressed and compressed video through routed IP-based networks, traditional video fiber, and terrestrial satellite
- Basic understanding of audio routing, crew communications in a live studio environment, and sound play out optimization in indoor/outdoor venues
- Understanding of color correction concepts and techniques
- Experienced in troubleshooting audio/video signal flow, QC/QA on receive and transmit
- Experience with broadcast troubleshooting tools such as Oscilloscope, Waveform monitor, sync and reference generators, and cable testers
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.