Community Manager, UK & Nordics
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
As Community Manager reporting to the Publishing Director, you'll improve communication between Riot and the League of Legends community. Our passionate community is thoughtful, diverse, and they have a keen sense of what's right and wrong. You'll work with Rioters across the company to help translate our global and local vision into a conversation players see, understand, and want to advocate for. You're not a typical PR person and you aren't interested in spin - you communicate with a balance of transparency and clarity that's well-crafted, and authentic.
To support our growth and nurture relationships within the UK and Nordics communities, we need a player-focused Community Manager to engage with our players - someone who translates dev talk into Discord chat, global strategy into local activation, and events into engagement. As a London Rioter, you'll join a smaller but dedicated team of Rioters committed to striving to be the most player-focused game company in the world. You'll share our prioritisation of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
- Engage with players where they are (platforms, channels, boards, events) - advocating for them and helping us drive player-focused changes to share with game teams
- Be the face of Riot to empower our players to connect and contribute - be there for their joys, triumphs, challenges, emergencies and everything in between
- Create measurable social media campaigns to grow channels, increase positive engagement, and improve channel health
- Lead strategy for community projects from beginning to end (goals, tactics, postmortem, etc.), and support community activity including contests, local events, cosplay meet-ups etc.
- Achieve the best possible value for our players using global assets, local creative, and community created content that resonates and disrupts
- Partner with global publishing teams to oversee and promote messaging and communication plans to help us engage and inspire our players
- Develop tools, programs, and training that help Rioters engage with the League of Legends community, advising the team on player sentiment, needs, behaviours, and trends
- Experienced: you have at least three years’ experience in community management in a player-facing role
- A gamer through and through: you know and love League of Legends, and can speak to the latest pro strats in ranked games - you avidly follow game developments across all Riot's news channels and know your Sions from your Sonas
- Social Media experience using Discord, Youtube, Twitch, Steam, Twitter etc
- Collaborative: you relish a brainstorm, level-up through constructive criticism and positive feedback, and work across local and global teams to get the best outcome
- Data: you know how to translate what players are saying into data-informed strategies and solutions that help us promote player engagement, awareness and trust
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!