IT Operations Specialist
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
As the IT Operations Specialist, you'll provide first class support to fellow Rioters in a networked environment. You'll support our esports team in Berlin with the procurement, security, delivery, installation, setup and maintenance of all computer systems. Your will help maintain all IT equipment in our office, install and update all approved software, troubleshoot and fix hardware and software ailments. Your service mentality will maintain solid Riot vendor relationships and comfort any Rioter looking for tech support when systems go belly-up.
This role will be a 12 month contract position.
As a Berlin Rioter, you’ll join a growing team of diverse and dedicated professionals who share our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention and passion for the game. You will be part of Live Operations team and report directly to Senior Operations Manager.
- Provide desktop and facilities support; investigate, troubleshoot, and fix IT problems; use IT systems and procedures to continuously improve methods to provide more great service
- You will manage vendor relationships and maintain IT inventory
- Troubleshoot and repair infrastructure and hardware including printers, workstations, print servers, phones, monitors, and AV equipment
- Communicate with Rioters to provide important status updates and ensure compliance with standards and security policies; provide roving support, documentation and training for Rioters
- Grow and evolve current Riot systems and tools, improving efficiency and collaboration between Rioters globally; provide tech support for various projects across the company
- You bring at least two years supporting Microsoft Windows users and Apple OSX users; your technical experience is broad, including IT troubleshooting, LAN and WAN skills, and A/V support; you are familiar with IT ticketing systems
- You're quick, always there and ready 'put down the fires'. There are no issues too trivial for you to fix; you treat each request with the same sense of importance. Helping others makes your day
- Stressful situation don't get in your sunny way. You communicate well and make every interaction a positive one
- Besides solving problems you want to understand why they occurred in the first place; you can quickly recognize how to level up the team and the service, and you do so with your creative approach
- You love to tinker and figure out how things work; you readily take ownership of anything that plugs in from the photocopier to the studio control board, to ensure it is running smoothly for fellow Rioters
- German is a bonus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
- Open paid time off
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.