Production Manager (Contract)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
As an Esports Production Manager, you’ll be in the epicenter of everything Esports, production related. You’ll work with the production team, producer team and all of our outside vendors to put on great shows in the studio and on the road. Live broadcast experience is a must, large event experience is a plus.
This role will be a 12 month contract position.
As a Rioter in Berlin, you'll join a tight-knit team that shares our focus on player experience, rejection of convention and passion for gaming. Together with a team of dedicated esports zealots you will create great player experiences in and around League of Legends esports.
- Manage the physical aspects of the production including personnel and scheduling for studio and remote productions
- Work with the Esports Product Manager and Production Accountant to create production budget providing cost reports
- Collaborate with outside partners to ensure their needs are being met on our roadshows; develop relationships with external vendors
- Look for efficiencies in scheduling and workflow
- Ensure all facility and studio needs are met
- Coordinate crew and needs for all studio shows in EU/Berlin, and all related regional live events
- Negotiate costs and approve the booking of resources, equipment and suppliers
- You have a minimum of 6 years as a broadcast production manager and 8 years in the industry
- Know how to take on large products with large teams
- You know how to follow a process but also know how to evaluate current process and make changes for the better.
- When changes are made, you keep a cool head and fight on, even if you don’t have all the details; you’re comfortable moving between projects and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivates you to evolve and improve
- When problems appear, you’re the on-call fixer, applying your methodical approach to clean up even the stickiest of situations; you look past the obvious solution, checking in with all sources to uncover any hidden issues lying dormant
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
- Open paid time off
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.