Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
As Video Lead, you'll join our Publishing team to create engaging video content for a premier global esports league, the League of Legends European Championship (LEC). You will collaborate with content creators, on-air talent and partners globally to create outstanding video experiences for our fans.
You will lead the video team, its vendor suite and resources to create content for social media channels, web and esports broadcasts from pitch to program. You'll oversee our team production efforts, lead innovation and iteration on new formats, approaches and tech solutions. You'll organize team resources, pre-and post production, filming, delivery and manage budgeting and oversee freelancers/contractors/vendors.
As a Rioter in Berlin reporting to the Editor in Chief, Esports Europe, you'll join a tight-knit team that shares a focus on player experience, rejection of convention and passion for gaming. Together with a team of accomplished esports zealots, you will create engaging and valuable video experiences that delight players and engage with fans of League of Legends esports.
- You will lead and develop our internal video content production team and vendors with a commitment to craft excellence, individual growth and team development. You not only exemplify our cultural pillars, but use them to inspire your team.
- You take direct responsibility for the success of your team. You see the big picture and the smallest minutiae, and you know why each matters. When you take responsibility of a project, you own it from start to finish.
- You have the skills and the passion to craft compelling, authentic and fresh stories for our audiences. You look for new angles and inspire to create compelling and engaging experiences to our audience. Tried and true is rarely good enough for you.
- You live for good process and understand how to create workflows and manage resources. You've managed production budgets and know your way around contracts.
- You view problems as a chance for success and approach challenges strategically by collaborating with team members. You think about solution, work towards excellence and always look for ways to learn and improve your work.
- You understand your impact on the player experience because you're a player too, you live and breathe esports.
- You are a leader with at least 8 years of people management experience with experience developing successful production teams.
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience in video production, producing digital content. You're an expert with the right tools, know your way around a camera, studios, editing suites, contracts and budgets. You excel in an office environment but also feel right at home on set.
- Existing European network of contributors
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position but having professional experience in the games industry and a passion for esports is a plus!
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.