Esports Live Production Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
As an Esports Live Production Manager, you'll work closely with Broadcast, League Ops, Player Management and Central Esports Teams (Production, Tech, IT) to coordinate tasks to ensure that all technical and event execution needs for LEC and any future events are met and exceeded. You’ll lead a team who will, during the shows, act as the liaison between Stage, Broadcast, and IT to ensure that players - both onsite and at home - have an entertaining experience. As a Live Producer, you'll be a source of information and support for any external teams that require assistance. This is not a role in broadcast production; the role is focused on planning and executing the logistical and technical aspects of events that makes them possible.
As a Rioter in Berlin, you'll join a tight-knit team that shares our focus on player experience, rejection of convention and passion for gaming. You will report directly to Esports Product Manager. Together with a team of dedicated esports zealots you will create great player experiences in and around League of Legends esports.
- Manage onsite production at the LEC studio, keeping broadcasters and operational teams on the same page and firing on all cylinders so that Esports events can go off without a hitch
- Work with producers, directors and other specialists to deliver an outstanding and evolving show
- Actively ensure practices are meeting their standards and integrity is well-protected
- Work with teams to resolve unexpected complications and figure out how to prevent them from happening at future events
- Work with global and local teams to share knowledge and share insights
- You mentor and support your teammates on and off the clock; you offer guidance and encouragement when the team needs support and fist bumps when they're doing a great job
- You're able to think clearly and rationally when put on the spot and ask the right questions to get the information needed to solve issues, all while keeping everybody positive when others might become defensive or frustrated
- When problems appear, you're the on-call fixer, applying your methodical approach to clean up even the stickiest of situations; you look past the obvious solution, checking in with all sources to uncover any hidden issues lying dormant
- You're a master of process, able to simplify the complex, organize chaos, separate or combine tasks, and get more out of less to finish the job; you understand where the links in the chain should go, hooking together often overlooked opportunities and partnerships
- You listen to others and are sensitive to any communication style; others trust you and feel comfortable coming to you with all the info, so any rising problems can be tackled before they spiral into fiery vortices of bad vibrations
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with game or esports. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players and fans, this could be the role for you!
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.