Senior Human Resources Business Partner, SEA
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends, and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul, or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players.
Riot’s People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all of those typical HR activities such as hiring, on-boarding, training and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, big events, labor relations, off-boarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
As Senior HR Business Partners, we focus on carefully listening to the problem spaces, and working with Rioters to get to an optimal outcome. We view ourselves as trusted consultants and advisers, with specific expertise in all things “HR”. Working in HR at Riot enables you to redefine what positive human resources practices are. We re-imagine events, on-boarding, perks, and communications so they resonate with our workforce. You will report directly into the Regional Country Manager for Southeast Asia.
As a Senior HR Business Partner in Southeast Asia, you bring deep knowledge, and broad skills, to the teams and programs you are embedded on. You act as the go-to resource for all things related to talent, ranging from performance management to Total Rewards to crafting and creating organizational design improvements. You’ll provide key counsel to business efforts as you work collaboratively with other product and discipline leaders. You work on developing and evolving talent programs that’ll help Rioters excel, and you promote aligned, data-informed talent decisions by acting as a strategist, coach, culture promoter, talent overseer, and designer/deployer of tools and programs that turn Rioter potential into performance and results. You will dedicate time to growing and mentoring Rioters throughout the company, and you will introduce carefully crafted processes to ensure programs work for Rioters instead of the other way round.
- Develop a people strategy to achieve results that support the business
- Influence different levels of the organization
- Demonstrate growth, mentorship, and consultative skills in guiding others through organizational challenges
- Provide strategic business and thought partnership
- Integrate and partner with HR colleagues in the Recruiting, Learning & Development, Compensation, and the other Central People teams to implement solutions for a scaling business
- Provide coaching and developmental feedback to people managers and individual contributors
- Working with our Rioter Relations partners, solving employee relations issues
- Participate as an essential member of the HRBP team
- 8+ years of experience in a HR generalist/business partner/manager role with progression
- 4+ years leading and developing people
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Organizational Design or other relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, consulting, teamwork and leadership experience
- Regularly context shift in a matrixed environment
- Fluency in English and Chinese.
- Experience dealing with issues that do not always have a predefined process or a system
- Experience working with or supporting diverse communities
- Experience supporting diverse product groups in entertainment, gaming or a tech company
- An understanding of SEA talent market, labor practices, laws and regulations
- We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).