Product Manager II - China Games Team
The Production discipline at Riot helps teams understand the vision of the product, and how we’re going to get there. We help bring experiences beyond our audience's expectations. We’re involved in almost every product you can think of, be it an epic new skin, the Mechs vs. Minions board game, or the internal tools needed by engineers or artists to speed up their craft. Whatever the calling, we identify and bring the solution that our audience needs.
Product Managers on the China Development and Incubation Center help lead the vision of each product across the finish line, and help provide experiences beyond our audience's expectations. They guide the product lifecycle from start to finish, and understand the intricate nuances of what the audience needs from the products we develop. We help to shape the path for how future Riot games will ship in China and develop the working models of how we work with Tencent.
As a Product Manager in the China Development and Incubation Center, reporting to the Manager, Product Management, China, you will join the effort of building and shipping games for players in China. By encouraging teams to collaborate we'll guide development, smashing through obstacles and driving projects across the finish-line and into players’ hands. We'll help concept, influence and achieve creative projects at every stage of production.
- Oversee and improve game production projects from the China perspective, improve China feature landing efficiency and work with partners in China to increase Chinese players’ experiences
- Align autonomous Riot and Tencent teams towards a shared vision and roadmap
- Manage production schedules, while mitigating risks and managing tradeoffs
- Work with game teams to ensure launch execution and the best possible game service delivery in China region
- Work with external teams to ensure products / experiences are tailored to China market needs and are delivered to players' hands
- Manage collaborations with partners, bridge the gap between organizations by facilitating discussions and encouraging agreement between leads to make decisions that affect game service and operations in China
- Ensure game and content compliance in the China market
- Support all launch and release activities not limited to tech, publishing, and live ops
- 3+ years experience in product/project management, delivering customer/player facing products or features
- Fluent in Chinese and English, and can promote collaboration across language and culture
- Experienced partner management and relationship-building skills
- Willingness to travel to China, several times a year
- Manage project/task prioritization while wearing multiple hats.
- Personal experience engaging and empathizing with players and translating their responses into applicable feedback for the team
- Full-lifecycle project ownership, from creation to launch.
- Familiarity with multiple game genres, including MOBA, FPS, SLG, Fighting, Open World, Sandbox and CCG games
- Experience using project management tools to track and achieve project milestones (Favro, Trello, JIRA).
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.