Analyst - League of Legends, Gameplay
The Strategic Advisory discipline empowers Riot's decision-makers to be more data-informed. We are an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists who collaboratively advise senior leadership on business and product strategy. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of players is essential to delivering on our mission to be player focused. We're a group united by our passion for games, science, and insights!
Analysts at Riot Games use their technical skills to analyze the data generated across our ecosystem to better understand our players, making strategic recommendations based on their findings. Their audience empathy and love of games, and familiarity with complex systems will ensure that we stay informed about the impacts of our decisions on our audience.
The Gameplay team on League of Legends focuses on enhancing core game systems and content to delight players for years to come. As an Associate Analyst and essential member of this team, you will build gameplay reports, present your findings to senior leaders, analyze massive amounts of data to shape product strategy, and conduct product analysis to keep partners up-to-date on gameplay strategy and guide a deeper understanding of how players engage with our core game systems. You will report to the Insights Manager on League of Legends PC Gameplay Strategy Advisory.
- Partner with product teams to produce frameworks and insights that craft how gameplay experiences are optimized
- Identify the most significant gameplay questions and partner with data and engineering to implement the telemetry necessary to answer those questions
- Build analyses and visualizations to answer the team’s most pressing gameplay questions
- Use your storytelling skills to share your results with other Rioters
- Invest in building competence in traditional user research techniques (survey design, player labs) to support a small, cross-functional Insights team
- BA in Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems, Statistics or a related discipline
- Completed graduate degree, minimum two summer internships, or minimum one year professional work experience analyzing large datasets, visualizing information, and informing company strategy
- Expertise with SQL or other relational database approaches
- Deep knowledge of League of Legends gameplay and metagame systems (e.g. how progression through ranked ladder works) OR experience working on gameplay telemetry and analytics within the competitive genre
- Graduate degree or meaningful work experience in consulting, consumer insights or product strategy
- Advanced in Spark, Excel, PowerPoint, and Tableau
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).