Software Engineer, Engine - Unpublished Tactical FPS
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
Project A is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on Project A click here!). As a Senior Software Engineer on the team you will help Riot build and maintain features for the game. You will also work collaboratively with artists, designers, and producers to deliver genre-defining experiences to our players. You will report to the Engineering Manager for the project.
- Help build the engine technology that powers Project A
- Monitor and increase the performance of the game client
- Build, implement, and improve tools for artists and designers across multiple platforms
- Resolve pipeline issues and to identify areas for improvement
- Work collaboratively with Engineering, Artist and Design teams to help realize the vision of the game
- 4+ years of experience
- BS or equivalent experience
- Experience in C++
- Experience in low-level optimization
- Experience with off-the-shelf or custom game engines
- Working knowledge of how to integrate common content types into games
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
- Experience supporting a live service
- Understanding of 3D graphics and rendering pipelines
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00)