Visual Designer - Unpublished Tactical FPS
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Delivering visually stunning experiences for a global audience while also building new games gives artists exciting and complex problems to solve. Here, artists are working not only with one another, but also side-by-side with game designers, narrative writers, audio designers, and engineers, to ensure that each piece of content from Riot reaches the level of quality players deserve. From animations to illustrations, cinematics to comics, characters to environments, we work as a team to put players first.
Riot Visual Designers seek to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory, and illustration. Designers collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for visual communication design challenges.
Project A is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on Project A click here!). As a Visual Designer on Project A, you will develop creative campaign executions to support new content and products, build new brands and expand on existing ones, develop style guides and improve upon our existing design work. The ideal candidates have created, designed and concepted for both the traditional and digital side of campaigns. You'll collaborate with the Marketing Art Director, Associate Art Director, Brand Leads, Creative Leads, Writers and other artists.
- Work with the Associate Art Director, Creative Lead and Brand Manager to translate established creative direction into conceptual ideas.
- Craft mood boards and work with the Associate Art Director, Creative Lead and Brand Manager to develop brand identities, brand kits and style guides
- This role is responsible for the visual design and development of those ideas into immersive campaign tactics.
- Convey complex messaging through images, graphics, and type.
- Push the consistency and thematic resonance of a brand through campaign executions that range from ad-like objects to key art for live events to social media executions.
- Evolve a newly launched brand into solid brand identities, brand kits and style guides for regional offices and creative partners.
- Collaborate with game development product partners to support delivery goals.
- Educate game-side product partners on best usage practices for brands you develop.
- Provide feedback to external developers.
- Hands-on experience contributing to a major feature, game, product launch, or entertainment property through the craft of visual communication design.
- 2+ years experience in a creative or design agency, or, within an in-house creative group.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
- Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts, Advertising or Graphic Design preferred
- Experience in an adjacent creative craft like 3D, Animation, Video Editing, or Illustration a plus.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).