Senior User Researcher - R&D Office
As a Senior User Researcher on the R&D Office team, you’ll report to the Insights Manager. You'll be part of the Insights team, partnering with Insights leadership and leaders in our R&D space. You'll conduct studies and analyses to inform the direction, experience, systems, and features of Riot's new games. You will also contribute to the vision for how playtesting will be used and performed for new games. Your scientific skill-set coupled with your audience insight will ensure that we are crafting new games in a player-focused way.
As a member of R&D Office, you’ll partner with many teams within R&D to execute playtests across many products, with a focus on early stage games. You’ll use your research background, understanding of the market, and familiarity with game development to contribute to the success of our teams. You are a master at building research activities and will support from initial game direction all the way through post-implementation evaluation.
- Partner with designers and producers on games teams to create insights and frameworks to help direct the experience of our new games, systems, and features.
- Be an advocate for our players and provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors
- Contribute at the R&D Office level on strategy, operations, and how we use user research.
- Construct and perform studies and surveys designed to answer business, development, and usability questions
- Design and moderate labs, guiding participants through a set of tasks and prompting them for candid, relevant feedback
- Share your results with other Rioters in clear, illustrative presentations
- Mentor other researchers, helping them learn from your experiences
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related discipline plus 2 or more years of relevant research experience in game development
- Experience running playtests and usability tests in a variety of paradigms, potentially including moderated testing, unmoderated testing, focused feature-specific testing, holistic and longitudinal testing, and more complex or constrained testing paradigms
- Trusted to operate independently regardless of structure, owns larger problems/projects/workstreams
- Experience designing and performing basic survey research
- Familiarity with basic statistical methods for data analysis (regressions, correlations, factor analyses)
- Vendor management experience
- Experience working with leadership at the “team of teams” level on strategic and operational problems
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).