UX Designer - Player Platform, Console
As a User Experience Designer in our Player Platform organization, you’ll be responsible for the design work in a high-scope area that is both complex and ambiguous. The work will generally encompass global account, social, and player expression-type features that span across teams -- and are ultimately the touch points that our players interact with, including the next generation of consoles. You’ll work from concept through the development lifecycle and collaborate with designers to help ensure that your intended designs come to life.
This position reports to the Head of UX Design for the Riot Player Experience team.
- Collaborate across teams to design large-scale products for players
- Communicate your data-informed vision and design rationale to cross-functional stakeholders
- Deliver appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g., Strategy articulation, discovery/ research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups and/or prototypes)
- Break down experiences thoughtfully for teams to be able to ship value incrementally (i.e., Minimum viable experiences)
- Manage experiential quality and consistency across features end-to-end
- Work with Design discipline leadership to establish design best-practices and quality standards
- 4+ years experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch or other industry design and prototyping tools
- 6+ years experience in user experience design or interactive design
- BA/ BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction/ Interface Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- Experience designing for gaming consoles and 10-foot user experiences
- Understand first-party UI design standards and user interactions with controllers
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).