Art Lead, 3D Environment Art - Unpublished Fighting Game
As an Art Lead, 3D Environment Art, you will channel your craft expertise, eye for structure, form, shape language, and design to lead your team of artists in building fantastic new worlds for our players to explore. This work will be treated with the love and care of a character and will be the backdrop of the game. Working within both design and technical constraints you will build optimized environments that elevate the purpose and mood of the game.
Do you want to join Riot's R&D groups and help us build exciting new AAA games? We need your help in producing assets of the highest quality for one of our newest games. You'll work closely with the Art Director and other artists to define the style of the games environments. You'll also work collaboratively with engineers, designers, and producers, and together will deliver new, delightful experiences to our players.
- Drive the artistic benchmark and asset production for the environments of the project - demonstrating a high bar of craft excellence
- Mentor and manage the Environment Team in creating and maintaining consistent, high quality assets
- Work with the Art Director in defining the visual style of the environments, consistent with the creative vision of the project
- Work directly with concept artists and the narrative team
- Drive the development of style guides and process/pipeline guidelines
- Manage and communicate progress to the wider team
- 5+ Years games industry production experience
- Deep experience in 3D/2D Software - Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop
- Traditional fine art skills with deep understanding of composition and narrative through environment design
- Highly self-motivated, with the ability to thrive autonomously in ambiguous environments
- Strong development savvy and experience building PBR assets within the Unreal Engine
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Shipped at least 1 AAA Title as a Lead Artist
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).