Visual Designer - Unpublished Tactical FPS
Riot Visual Designers aim to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory, and illustration. Designers collaborate with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who, and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
Project A is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on Project A click here!). As a Visual Designer on Project A, you will develop and execute visuals to support new content and products, build new brands and expand on existing ones, develop style guides and improve upon our existing design work in and around the game.
- Build the creative vision for your initiative
- Create visually balanced and intuitive interfaces that show a strong grasp of readability, hierarchy, platform, and player behavior patterns
- Extend themes throughout the project establishing style guides and conventions
- Understand concepts and process behind the guides, but also know when to break the rules
- Identify issues affecting the quality of work
- Experiment with styles
- Design beyond the latest trends
- Maintain the quality bar for your discipline
- Understand flexible and scalable layouts
- Work with multiple styles
- Improve off existing assets
- Seek mentorship from the discipline artists and community
- Hands-on experience contributing to a major feature, game, product launch, or entertainment property through the craft of visual communication design.
- 2+ years experience in a creative or design agency, or, within an in-house creative group.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer, UI Designer, or UI Artist
- Solid knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
- Knowledge of the game development pipeline including optimization, localization, implementation
- Familiarity with Unity, Unreal, or relevant game engine
- Experience in a secondary area such as motion graphics, illustration, animation, or modeling
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).