Senior Development Manager - Wild Rift, Personalization
As a Development Manager, you’ll lead passionate cross-functional teams in crafting creative content and incredible experiences for players around the world. By encouraging teams to collaborate, you’ll drive development, smashing through obstacles and driving products into players’ hands. You’ll exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, improve, and influence creative projects at every stage of production.
As a Producer on League of Legends: Wild Rift’s Personalization Initiative, you’ll report into the In-Game Delivery Lead. As the delivery lead for the team, you will deliver on art content and features such as skins, turntables, emotes, and game maps. You will ensure your team places a high value on delivering product, not just work systems. You will also ensure high-collaboration with our international development partners.
Your work will involve travel to China.
- Partner with Product Lead to ensure the delivery responsibilities on the Art Initiative.
- Audit existing development processes and bolster them to provide forward visibility and predictability for deliveries.
- Track commitments, backlog, and matching work to capacity
- Track work (planned, unplanned) and determine velocity
- Clarify Acceptance Criteria and Definition of Done
- Establish team level work systems and maintain improvement cycles
- Prioritize work to help reduce distractions and impacted velocity
- Identify opportunities to improve slower development loops
- Ensure risks around development progress, velocity, team health, and product evaluations (KPS/Goals) are are identified and reduced with product leadership
- Collaborate and negotiate with external partners on road-map planning, velocity, worksystems, and dependencies.
- 4+ years of experience working with development methodologies. Previous experience establishing content pipelines.
- Experienced with making and launching games, especially mobile and live games
- Systems-based thinking, with a willingness to invest time to understand root cause analysis
- Strong negotiation skills, with a mix of patience and goal orientation to navigate complex cultural, technology and product requirements.
- Ability to confront ambiguity and overcome obstacles in order to path-find long-term solutions.
- Knowledge of content c
- Background in art (2D assets, 3D models, Rigging, Animation, VFX) or experience specifically working on art content teams
- Fluency in Mandarin
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).