NOC System Specialist
As NOC System Specialist, you will report to the NOC Manager and work closely with the Operations team globally to establish and maintain a high-performing and highly available game service for players around the world. You’ll monitor and support all aspects of production environments, development environments, and general system needs. Your tech skills and grasp of gamer lingo will help you diagnose and communicate potential issues to Rioters and the community, improving the quality of the player experience.
- You will be the first responder and fixer for anything from server, network, software and other infrastructure related problems, to in-game issues, internal incidents, and more.
- You will need to be able to prioritize emergent work, coordinate between multiple teams while maintaining communication with the player community and teams responsible for fixing the issue on hand.
- You will need to be comfortable multitasking to reactively address issues affecting players and service.
- You will investigate issues to determine their root causes then take further long term actions to improve operational efficiency.
- You will recognize repeating patterns in incidents and work with the team for automating the triage process.
- You will navigate through large scale, complex online computer systems and communicate with engineers of the individual products and services.
- 6+ years of network operations experience while supporting large-scale service provider, datacenter, and/or enterprise network infrastructure
- Experience on ITIL based Ticketing systems
- Ability to triage issues on multiple levels of software, hardware, virtualization and networking technologies
- Familiarity with monitoring solutions like; Nagios, Elasticsearch, Grafana
- Ability to script basic automations that will reduce manual overhead
- Fluency in using and interpreting the output of Network and Operating System troubleshooting tools like; telnet, tcpdump, nslookup
- Experience working on software and services deployments in a globally distributed live environment.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!