Director of Accounting
As Director of Accounting, you will play an important role in the accounting assessment and conclusion for some of our most complex technical accounting and operational matters. This new leadership role within the Corporate Accounting and Advisory team will report to the Head of Global Accounting. You will be an expert for our generally accepted accounting policies. You will assist partners in making informed decisions around important matters while maintaining accounting compliance. Your work involves partnering with a diverse global team. This is an essential role to the company and will help develop strategic decisions and improvements with different organizations. You will help develop excellent accounting and financial reporting processes to help prepare us for future growth.
- Analyze accounting and financial reporting considerations for complex accounting topics such as revenue recognition, leasing, business combinations, segment reporting, goodwill/intangible assets, derivative transactions, consolidation and others
- Help ensure the appropriate accounting conclusions are reached for transactions affecting Riot’s reporting requirements
- Develop our accounting policies to ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards
- Influence the end-to-end implementation of accounting policies and best practices
- Monitor, review, research, and interpret US GAAP and IFRS standards and analyze new accounting pronouncements for financial statement and operational impact to Riot
- Review documents, including contracts, to identify accounting issues and propose solutions or alternatives
- Manage the research, documentation, and accounting resolution for new or proposed transactions
- Additionally, document the potential financial statement and operational impact to affected teams
- 10+ years of progressive experience in a Big 4 Assurance role and corporate accounting experience in a senior leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with a CPA license
- Experience with growth companies in technology or entertainment
- Knowledge of IFRS and ability to distinguish the main differences between US GAAP and IFRS
- Can demonstrate a high degree of technical proficiency with complex accounting research and technical accounting activities under both US GAAP and IFRS
- Can apply the know-how of technical accounting and financial reporting standards
- Project management skills with experience working on several large projects
- Experience reviewing complex legal contracts and evaluating business, operational, and accounting effects
- Operational experience
- Experience working across multiple lines of business with a variety of complex products, all in an environment that is always changing
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.