Software Engineer - Player Platform, Riot SDK
Riot Software Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work on multiple broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with both our technology, creating creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Software Engineer on the Player Platform SDK team, you'll help Riot bring our software development kits to desktop, mobile, and console platforms. This team creates development tools and solutions for Riot's internal game teams and external game studios who are looking to build games powered by Riot's Player Platform. You will keep the game developers' experience in mind as you lead software architecture, solutions, and implementation details, ensuring game developers can easily and natively integrate with Player Platform's services and capabilities.
Player Platform looks to create incredible developer experiences and capabilities for Riot's game teams working across:
- Console, mobile and desktop development environments
- Game engine middleware such as Unity 3D, Unreal Engine and internal Riot game engines
- 1st party and 3rd party technologies and SDKs
You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Player Platform SDK team.
- Partner with project leads and quality leads in defining and grooming high-level user stories.
- Be an individual contributor on the team, where appropriate building reference implementations, tackling challenging and ambiguous technical solutions, and conducting design and coding reviews.
- Establish connections with engineers on the team, providing engineers with guidance, mentorship, and support.
- Work with game team's engineers in wholly understanding development needs and challenges when working with central technologies at Riot.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent years of job experience across software.
- 4+ years of experience in a software engineering role (i.e. software, systems, architecture).
- Experience shipping software to at least one of the following platforms: XBox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS.
- Hands-on experience with two or more of the following programming languages: C/C++, Java, C#, and Objective-C/Swift.
- Experience working with Unity 3D or Unreal Engine.
- Experience defining and delivering technical solutions to technical users.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).