Senior Software Engineer - League of Legends, Sustainability
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Sustainability initiative, you’ll report into the team’s Engineering Manager in our office in Los Angeles. Your work will help define the fundamental core of how League of Legends develops and operates the game. We aim to deliver a high quality of service to players in all our regions and make sure our working environment is the best in class when it comes to happiness, efficiency, and nimbleness. You’ll support and improve the reliability of our backend systems, including the build, deployment, and asset pipelines that touch nearly every team within the League of Legends organization. In addition to implementing new service features, you will also be focused on building systems and tools to make those services easier to operate. This includes databases, build & deployment tools, containers, queues, several key microservices, caches, telemetry systems, and reporting tools.
- Write code and author architectural design documents
- Participate in the team's on-call rotation
- Develop/test/deploy/maintain platforms and microservices
- Pair with other software engineers
- Work on build and deployment tools for all of League of Legends
- Participate in interviewing, and help with mentoring and career development of more junior engineers
- 5+ years of deep hands-on programming experiences in one of the following programming languages: C/C++, Java, Go, Python, C#
- Experience with distributed systems and an understanding of utilizing concurrency to achieve high throughput requirements
- Experience with maintaining web services coupled with handling emergent and on-call issues
- Experience mentoring more junior engineers and coaching less experienced developers from other disciplines
- Experience developing large systems from scratch, including gathering requirements, designing scalable, production-ready architecture, breaking down the project into smaller work items, and leading the development across multiple contributors
- Experience implementing software engineering best practices within your team, including design reviews, coding standards, code reviews, tools improvements, source control management, build processes, and testing
- Experience with cloud-based services like AWS, Azure, or other proprietary variants
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).