Researcher, Multi-Platform - Unpublished R&D Product
As a Researcher, you’ll join the Insights discipline – the group of researchers, analysts, data scientists, and strategists responsible for solving problems and executing analyses that enable Rioters to make difficult decisions with confidence. You’ll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work closely with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, artists, producers, etc.) to conduct studies and analyses that will inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your applied or experimental research background coupled with your deep understanding of data will ensure that you’re an effective advocate for players and can provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
As a key member of the R&D team, you will identify and execute on research opportunities to support the development of mobile and console games -- from prototyping through launch and live service. This role emphasizes a user researcher skillset -- including surveys, player labs, and market research. You will report to the Senior Researcher for the team.
- Partner with R&D leadership to craft a resonant experiences on multiple platforms (mobile/console)
- Design and execute on surveys and player labs to generate authentic, applicable feedback
- Leverage storytelling skills to effectively share your results with Rioters and partner studios
- Collaborate with analysts and data scientists to construct holistic, multi-modal analyses
- BA or BS in the social sciences, marketing or a related discipline
- 2+ years of experience in user experience research, behavioral or cognitive research, or market research
- Professional experience in survey craft and player lab design
- Previous research experience on mobile or console games
- Experience conducting market research or collaborating with market research vendors
- Experience in product design or business strategy for consumer-facing products
- Advanced capability in analysis software (SPSS, R, Excel, etc.)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00)