Illustrator - League of Legends Marketing
As part of the Illustration team, you’ll put stylus to Cintiq and create promotional art that represents the essence of a champion, thematic, or gameplay to millions of players. You will use your artistic eye and keen understanding of dynamic lighting, form, and color to tell concise and evocative stories. By closely collaborating with a team of dedicated illustrators, visual designers, writers, animators and game developers, you will help define and illustrate each champion’s unique place in our universe
As an Illustrator on League of Legends Marketing, you will report to an Associate Art Director. In this role you will bring a universe to life through key art illustrations to be used across a variety of platforms, artwork that showcases everything from champions to little legends in a variety of art styles as they apply to different games and thematics.
- Execute high quality illustrations and iterations based on feedback
- Consistently adheres to Style Guides
- Active member of your craft community
- Seeks growth with assistance from manager and team
- Adheres to team rituals and deadlines and participates in their facilitation
- Provide hands-on and verbal feedback to outsourcers
- 3+ years’ experience in entertainment or marketing industry
- Skills in 3D/2D Software - Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop and Substance Painter/Designer
- Showcase ability to paint in a variety of art style
- Experience with marketing creative development
- Experience working in-house with creative teams
- Experience owning and effectively communicating about projects and workflow
- AAA Game Development experience
- Experience in Visual Development or world building for games, film, or animation
- Familiarity with motion graphics pipeline
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).