Art Director - CG Services (Contractor)
Art Directors at Riot oversee the quality of a team with a focus on Mission, Direction, and Cohesion. Your scope of responsibilities covers an entire team. These responsibilities include overall performance and quality of work as it related to the team.
CG Artists on Riot Creative and IP Development team help ensure we are delivering valuable IP expressions to our players worldwide. We’re looking for a freelance CG Art Director who is willing to guide animation projects that shape our IP outside of games on a 3-4 month temporary assignment. As CG Art Director within Riot’s Creative and IP Development group, you will report to their Producer and join a team of artists creating CG cinematics and visual storytelling content. You will also take a lead role in the production design and overall art direction of several animation projects.
- Work with the team to build upon the set style/direction that supports the goals of several films and projects in flight
- Help align and guide internal artists, external contractors
- Provide expertise to our production partners, supervising art across several projects, and be accountable for visual/artistic cohesion
- Do paintovers/draw-overs as needed to help communicate feedback to vendors
- Help validate vendor direction against production realities
- Experience leading look development and concept design of characters, environments and props
- Eye for lighting, color, form, and composition to inform work from ideation to creation.
- 7+ years of experience in CG animation production for television, film, games or visual effects, across 2D and 3D projects.
- Experience in the visual exploration of abstract concepts
- Experience working with relevant painting/design tools.
- Experience with CG pipelines.
Please provide a sample portfolio or reel of your current or most recent work. A great reel will showcase a variety of diverse selection of storytelling animation experience, and a foundation in the principles of the craft.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.