Quality Assurance Lead - League, Game Flow Services
At Riot, we believe “QA” is more than the bug finding process that follows months of development work. For us it’s a set of values, practices and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists and designers to accomplish their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. By honing our craft of quality and demonstrating cross discipline partnerships we are improving how quickly we can bring while reaching ever higher degrees of product integrity. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players, globally.
As a Quality Assurance Lead on the GameFlow Services team, you’ll report to a QA Manager. You will promote high standards for the backend services and components of League of Legends and be the voice of quality to the team. Using a comprehensive approach of testing methods, you’ll create and accomplish a quality strategy for the team. As a quality owner, you’ll set testing requirements with the product owners and engineers, holding them accountable to their commitments. You will use metrics to improve the efficiency of quality development systems. You will guide the implementation of static, dynamic, verification, and validation testing processes. You will test the software’s functionality, performance, reliability, supportability, and usability. With player experience at the forefront of your mind, you’ll take on complex and ambiguous problem spaces and assure quality for the team with your solutions.
- Promote creation and execution of a team-level quality strategy
- Handle communication related to test status with internal and external partners
- Guide external partner teams, overseeing and auditing their work
- Manage the defect database for the team, setting and enforcing best practices
- Create test plans, test cases, and establish the structure and rhythm of testing
- Improve on methods of test execution at the team-level
- 3+ years of software QA experience
- Experience testing services
- Experience with strategic goal setting
- QA experience working on backend systems and services in game development
- Comfortable with deep-dive investigations and testing technical implementations.
- Experience coordinating external vendor teams
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification
- Experience with monitoring, debugging, and reliability testing
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).