Established in early 2016, the Hong Kong Studio is Riot’s first international game development studio. We’re a diverse team, representing more than 15 nationalities and partnering with teams in the LA headquarters on League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. On top of this, we’re currently building teams for VALORANT, a character-based tactical shooter, and Project L, our take on the fighting game genre.
While operating like a startup—with autonomy and total ownership—we’re doubling down on our goals to build a world-class studio in a vibrant, international city, on a continent that is home to the League of Legends World Champion teams. The Hong Kong Studio is looking for talented, passionate people across all aspects of game development to help build Riot’s blueprint for a global, multi-studio world... and to make great games!
We focus on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games. This means less emphasis on titles and hierarchy and more emphasis on creating the right environment to ship excellent experiences to players.
That’s where you come in.
Riot Games' Hong Kong Studio is our first international development studio outside of Los Angeles. As the Hong Kong Office Manager, you’ll drive the operations and logistical support teams, keep the office running smoothly, and plan the activities that’ll foster a riotous workspace. Your experience managing fast-paced offices combined with the powers of your attention to detail and sunny disposition will help drive your efforts to create an environment where Rioters will thrive.
As a Hong Kong Rioter, you’ll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritisation of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
Shape, develop and manage all office operations within Riot’s Hong Kong Studio and implement improvements
- Facilities: Be the subject matter expert in all things related to workspace projects and optimization. Serve as the point of contact for all workplace space planning and lease management. Communicate plans to Riot stakeholders in IT, AV Media Systems, Talent, and Security. Coordinate constant Rioter churn and workspace requirements - moves, adds, changes, deletes.
- Reception: Lead and mentor the office support team, manage all office administration beyond office day to day duties.
- Finance & Legal: Manage vendor relationships for all of our accounting and tax reporting, legal compliance, and auditing requirements.
- People Operations: Oversee and guide local payroll, benefits, and operations for various talent programs.
- Rioter Support: Assist in the onboarding process for new hires and help fellow Hong Kong Rioters with required office support.
- Community: Support internal and external events and community involvement.
- Experienced Office Manager: At least three years managing a whole office with all the ins and outs, including facilities management, office administration, and financial management, having taken ownership of broader initiatives beyond it (accounting, budgeting, office workspace layout etc.)
- Exemplary Judgment: Having dealt with nuanced and sometimes confidential topics, you anticipate any required steps to safe-guard sensitive communications, financials, and operations; your integrity and accountability show in your interactions with stakeholders, team members, and players.
- Empathetic: Collaborating and commingling with all types of people; when someone needs advice, your warm personality puts people at ease and you’re there to offer guidance.
- Planner and Problem Solver: When you see a haphazard pile, you’re mentally organising and reorganising, and seeking to improve upon existing policies, practices, and procedures; when problems appear, you're the on-call fixer, applying your approach to resolve any situation, no matter how big or small.
- Language: Professional level fluency of English and Cantonese; Mandarin is a plus.
- You’ve had experience driving areas beyond office management, such as onboarding of new employees, safety & security, team activities’ organisation, etc.
- You’ve been in the thick of setting up new office spaces and reevaluating existing ones.
- You’ve managed an office in a multinational and multicultural environment and/or have had related working experiences abroad.
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.