Senior Benefits Analyst
Riot’s People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its people. We bring our expertise to all of those typical HR activities such as hiring, onboarding, training and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, employee relations, and off-boarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
As a Senior Benefits Analyst, reporting to the Benefits Manager, you will play a meaningful role in the health and retirement programs that our Rioters love. You'll configure and update our benefit systems to achieve harmony, and educate our sizable company by creating internal marketing and training. Individual Rioters will depend on your direct care for a wide variety of benefit needs, and you'll review, audit, and transmit their sensitive data with focus.
- Oversee Riot’s medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, and retirement programs in the US
- Assess and implement new programs, systems, or life-cycle events like Open Enrollment
- Liaison between Riot, our benefits consultants, and TPAs
- Analyze patterns in data and claims to track performance and engagement across all benefit programs
- Provide direct consultation, such as open enrollment support and orientation trainings, and act as an escalation point for Rioter benefit questions or concerns
- Develop educational materials & training for Riot’s growing organization
- Conduct review of benefits deductions each payroll to ensure accuracy
- Audit retirement plan data (employee and employer 401(k) contributions), analyze and prepare funding each pay period, and resolve discrepancies within the plan
- Lead benefit plan audits and update processes to address potential gaps
- Ensure compliance with federal, state & local benefits regulations (like ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, and requirements under the ACA), and manage government reporting for these regulations
- 5 or more years of progressive industry experience with US employee benefits administration and vendor management has contributed to the success of your working teams
- Proficiency with benefits administration in a HRIS
- At least 1+ years experience with self insured medical plans, including budgeting & the IBNR process, reviewing claims data, and determining trends
- At least 1+ years experience administering employee retirement plans, including managing payroll contributions, annual testing & audits, and common corrections processes
- You regularly interpret and discuss complex benefits-related information with others, clearly explaining terminology and concepts unfamiliar to most people
- Comfortable delivering service to a variety of customers, from senior managers to entry-level talent
- Often proposed, documented, and implemented new processes to refine the benefits experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Insurance & Risk Management, or a comparable field
- Experience with excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- Familiarity with Workday HCM
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).