Director, Live Production - Wild Rift, Joint Ops
As the Director, Live Production for League of Legends: Wild Rift, you will report into the Head of Production Operations for League of Legends: Wild Rift. You will build and manage the operations team supporting Wild Rift. You will impact the success of Wild Rift’s operations through assembling the team, defining the operations processes, managing the team, and facilitating the integration with Riot's operations and game lifecycle processes. You will set the strategy and ensure execution of operations, and will be responsible for areas such as live operations, live production, incident management, infrastructure operations, and vendor management.
This role will require International travel.
- Own the problem space of game infrastructure and live operations for Wild Rift worldwide
- Partner with Insights team to understand our player pain around operational quality
- Forecast, measure, and achieve improvements to the operational quality of Wild Rift for our players and developers
- Work across Wild Rift to create understanding and create systematic operational improvements
- Collaborate with teams across Riot and Tencent in both LA and China
- Ensure Live Production operations during both work hours and non-business hours
- Drive adoption of SLAs across Wild Rift development teams
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience in information technology or network operations
- 5+ years experience working on live games as-a-service
- 4+ years experience in managing diverse, high-functioning Technology teams.
- Experience with DevOps, Infrastructure Operations or SRE
- Experience with systems/services that operate at global scale
- Experience managing Opex and working within constraints
- Experience managing vendor relationships, including the negotiation and execution of contracts, Service level agreements, and service relationships
- Experience leading teams implementing ITIL or DevOps practices in a SaaS environment
- Experience with Level 1 troubleshooting for a range of areas including Cloud Infrastructure (i.e. - AWS,Google, Azure), LAN/WAN networking, Unix/SAN, security, and wireless
- Bilingual in Mandarin is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable field
- Experience leading front-line technical operations teams (e.g., NOC)
- Knowledge of networking services (DNS), routing (BGP), protocols (TCP/IP), and tools (ping, tracert)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).