In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a driver of the explosive growth of eSports. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
As Technical Director, you will oversee the health and performance of the Engineering Discipline on Project L. You will report directly to the Executive Producer, and work with other discipline leads in leading various teams of developers in pursuit of our product goals. You will also be accountable for the organizational leadership of all engineers working on Product L. You will hire to grow the team over time, and will coach managers on the team to create an effective and inclusive work environment.
- You will create a diverse and inclusive team where all members feel they have a voice and are welcome
- You will be a great career mentor for the engineers on your team
- You will partner with recruiting in hiring outstanding engineers
- You will partner with your product and delivery folks to create the right visibility into the team deliverables and velocity
- You will represent your team’s voice and direction to other teams and products
- You will hold your team accountable to Riot’s engineering and performance standards
- 13+ years of industry experience
- 8+ years of management experience
- Experience as a Senior Software Engineer or higher
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- You’ve demonstrated you can grow managers and hold them accountable to the same responsibilities above.
- You’ve demonstrated your capability to design, implement, and maintain a structure that meets goals.
- You’ve led business efforts not solely focused on technical delivery. For example, defining and managing budgets, staffing plans, and organizational performance management.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.