Senior Visual Designer - Legends of Runeterra
As a Senior Visual Designer reporting to the Art Director, you will want to create the best player experiences through your knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory and illustration. You will collaborate with cross disciplinary teams and act as both an artistic and design solutions provider. You understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
Legends of Runeterra (LoR) is our new collectible card game featuring beloved Champions from the League of Legends universe. You will collaborate with teams and features across the entire game to build memorable events and moments, and develop features that challenge genre conventions and evolve the LoR experience.
- Establish and implement art practices for the discipline and mentor other designers on the team.
- Balance quality with efficiency when working with time parameters.
- Work cross discipline to create strategic vision of features
- Switch between design styles with no effort, understanding when a current design and its overall style needs to be stretched further and the reasoning behind it
- Understand player pattern interactivity and user experience flow across multiple products
- Make meaningful decisions on the visual style to improve usability and craft immersive experiences in a thematically consistency in style
- Communicate high-level concepts and give clear feedback
- Participate in the research and development of new tools
- Implement designs in engine with support from engineers
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer, including interactive design and heavy UI design
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with motion graphics.
- Experience working in Collectible Card Games.
- Experience working with Unity or Unreal.
- Experience rendering materials.
- Experience working with UX design.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).