ERL (European Regional League) Manager
As Esports Manager, European Regional Leagues you and your team will be a part of the League Management Department in Berlin. You will report to the Head of League Management for Europe and join a lean but impactful team of esports professionals to govern and operate one of the most advanced esports ecosystems in the world.
The European Regional Leagues (ERLs) span a competition circuit of currently 14 Leagues across Europe that are operated in collaboration with our National Partners. ERLs represent the highest tier of local country competition in European League of Legends Esports and are also the scouting grounds for next-generation talent that aspires to compete in the League of Legends European Championship (LEC) and other global professional Leagues. Your focus will be the leadership of a team of esports professionals that creates the design and governance of the ERLs. In collaboration with your colleagues from the LEC team, your goal is to create League of Legends Esports in Europe that offers outstanding sports media entertainment for fans, an aspirational career opportunity for pro players, a healthy business environment for leagues and teams, and a competition that meets the highest standards of competitive integrity.
- Lead a team of league operations and partner managers to design, license, and govern our currently 14 European Regional Leagues
- Oversee partner relations across Europe, developing relationships with our partners to help grow their businesses and governance of the leagues
- Work with the LEC team to help guide the continued evolution of the rules and regulations of European League of Legends Esports
- Help design a holistic European Esports ecosystem that ensures that professional, semi-professional, and grassroots layers of competition coordinate harmoniously
- Manage RFPs, track individual league performance with data-driven Indicators
- Promote the growth of ERLs in Europe as a talent development platform, sports media entertainment product, and viable business for Riot and their National Partners
- Represent the ERL ecosystem externally as spokesperson in public- and industry-facing settings as Commissioner of European Regional Leagues
- Work with our BD and Legal team to support the licensing process of our National Partners and to evaluate new business and competition opportunities
- Manage the European ERL budget and meet business, competition, and viewership Indicators
- Degree in Sports or Business Administration, or equivalent degree with relevance to the role
- 5+ years of experience in senior positions in esports or sports league operations, sports media entertainment, or equivalent
- Strong understanding of esports and sports industry, league and pro-team business
- Additional languages beyond English are a bonus
- Extensive experience as a Esports League Operator
- Experience setting up RFPs and tender processes
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
- Commuting allowance
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, or any other category protected by law.