Art Director - Unpublished Fighting Game
Art Directors at Riot Games oversee the quality and management of a team with a focus on Mission, Direction, and Cohesion. Your scope of responsibilities covers a wide range of initiatives. These responsibilities include overall culture, performance, and growth of your direct reports, and gaining alignment with other several discipline leads.
As an Art Director on the Project L team, you will ultimately provide art direction for a new unpublished AAA fighting game. We are looking for an Art Director with a strong background in either character concept, character art, or animation. You’ll create a highly collaborative environment between art and design to ensure the visuals match the precise fighting game mechanics. You will identify strategic art resource needs and promote hiring for all art roles on the team. As a part of the leadership team, you’ll develop strategies and eliminate obstacles with other leaders to achieve broader product goals.
- Establish and drive a vision that is aligned with the project goals
- Set product-wide art goals and timelines
- Collaborate with Executive Producer to ensure consistency between creative vision and art direction
- Champion the development of efficient art pipelines and art within technical performance targets
- Provide an ongoing high level execution strategy that blends a mixture of in-house and external art resources
- Build, manage, lead, and mentor a team of artists
- A minimum of 10 years experience developing art in the games industry
- Professional experience managing other game artists and art leaders
- Professional experience establishing creative vision and strategy
- Deep knowledge of various art sub-disciplines
- Knowledge of current trends in fighting games
- Experience in managing a team through visual development of a new game
- Extreme proficiency in art fundamentals, visual storytelling and color theory
- Knowledge of the League of Legends game and IP
Please submit a portfolio with your application, we want to see your ability to set an artistic vision.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).