Esports Product Lead - Teamfight Tactics & Legends of Runeterra
The Esports Product Lead - Teamfight Tactics / Legends of Runeterra leads a team that executes against an exciting vision for the Teamfight Tactics and Legends of Runeterra esports franchises, manages the product roadmaps and develops the franchises into successful businesses.
As an Esports Product Lead, you will oversee the vision and strategy for the two esports franchises. You will oversee the book of business, driving partnerships and creating new opportunities to produce revenue for Riot and its partners. You will be a partner for any major programs within your sport. You will be a nexus of collaboration between global esports, publishing and game teams. Reporting to the Director of Esports, you will help shape the future of TFT and Legends of Runeterra esports.
- Shape an overarching strategy for TFT and Legends of Runeterra esports, setting a clear vision, goals, and priorities.
- Oversee the product roadmap to ensure the projects are driving the expected outcomes — ruthlessly prioritizing projects to maximize player value and franchise growth, while removing obstacles to ensure your team’s ability to launch high-quality products.
- Manage the book of business for the sport, being responsible for the business model and accountable for sport profitability.
- Use data and insights to identify business opportunities that lead to new programs. Incubate early-stage ideas and manage special projects throughout the initiative life cycle.
- Set product goals and create the fan journey — including season planning, global tournaments format, location selection, and viewership optimization.
- Evaluate and select strategic partners (e.g. event organizers, tournament platforms) to build on the sports’ strategies.
- Set global product strategy, standards, and guard-rails with regional esports teams that will unlock Riot’s global footprint while maintaining a cohesive fan experience globally. Promote global collaboration across the entire esports organization.
- Be an important partner for all major projects affecting the sport — providing guidance and feedback on marketing, business development, sponsorship, digital products, and events implementations.
- Collaborate with the TFT and Legends of Runeterra game teams to identify, create, and align their product needs, roadmaps and in-game integrations to support the sports’ goals.
- Be an expert on the game and the sport for the Global Esports team.
- Be an industry expert and Riot representative to partners and fans.
- 6+ years of product leadership experience in sports, tech or entertainment.
- Experience creating and articulating a clear product vision and strategy.
- Experience delivering across a broader organization.
- 10+ years of experience in the sports, tech, media, gaming or entertainment industries.
- Experience with games or Esports businesses.
- Deep understanding of the TFT and Legends of Runeterra ecosystems.
- Experience organizing live events.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.