Senior Game Designer - Riot Forge
As a Senior Game Designer your player insight and imagination will engineer the fun of game experiences for projects we are collaborating on. You will work with interdisciplinary teams and improve and iterate player-focused designs to delight millions around the world.
As a Senior Game Designer on Riot Forge, you will report to their Principal Game Designer. You will help promote the creative DNA of Forge games to create thrilling single-player, narrative-driven experiences for our players. You will have experience in multiple games and genres, a pulse on “What’s Hot” in the current gaming market, and can analyse and articulate creative elements that will lead to the success of Forge titles. Your knowledge of the LoL IP and Runeterra lore will help you level up titles as they are being built, to bring amazing experiences that resonate with millions of LoL fans from around the world.
- Ensure the resonant execution of League of Legends IP in assigned Forge games.
- Identify opportunities for use of the Runeterra IP that can create resonant moments for players.
- Ensure the craft quality of creative (DNA) in assigned Forge games.
- Level up Forge studios to push our games to excel in craft in the market.
- Understand the relevant audiences and genre of assigned Forge games for calibration.
- Source and provide concise feedback from Riot craft experts to help studios raise their creative craft bars.
- 5+ years of professional game design experience
- Shipped minimum 2 games on multiple platforms (Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo, PC, and mobile)
- Experience with full game life-cycle from concept & prototype to production & launch.
- Experience creating concise and detailed feedback on creative that can be communicated to external teams.
- Widely played across many game genres.
- Familiarity with the LoL IP and Runeterra lore.
- Familiarity of current gaming market space.
- Experience in a Lead capacity with full game development lifecycle, from concept to ship.
- Deep knowledge of the League of Legends IP and Runeterra lore.
- Deep knowledge of the current Indie gaming market.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.