Release Manager - Riot Forge
As Release Manager, you will run the construction of the launch strategy for multiple products within our portfolio. As an experienced Release Manager, you'll build operational strategy on how we submit and release our products to 1st parties. Main goals are building a release process, rhythm and launch readiness plan to accomplish the release of products. This includes building and mentoring relationships with 1st parties, developers and our teams for successful submission to release.
As part of Riot Forge you will report to their Operations Manager. You will also work with external developers to ensure our portfolio of games are ready across several platforms for launch. You will work with developers and our teams at Riot to ensure that everyone is set up for success at every stage leading up to releases. You will encourage knowledge sharing and design release guidelines to be implemented across the team.
- Ensure launch readiness by implementing standards around roadmaps, delivery tools, release package adherence and milestone checkpoints for release coverage
- Provide updates and visibility on the portfolio release status to the leadership team and fellow producers
- Ensure each game is being tested in full for compliance and hitting the quality targets leading up to the release
- Develop the go-to-market plan and ensure its success
- Manage a portfolio of products with focus on the release roadmap
- Be the ambassador to first parties such as Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, iOS and Android to build the release portfolio
- Communicate all essential project plans, commitments, changes and requirements
- Oversee the management and reporting of performance post release using various analytic tools
- Manage the release of all products across all supported platforms
- Reduce portfolio risks that may affect release scope
- At least 4 years as a release manager where you have shipped at least two games in a Publishing organization
- Additionally, you have shipped at least one game within a development studio
- Experience overseeing the end-to-end life-cycle of game development and are comfortable managing multiple simultaneous projects
- Success developing productive working relationships with team members, colleagues and external partners
- Experience managing the release management and launch of games across Steam, Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo
- Experience with project tracking software (JIRA, Favro, Smartsheet )
- Experience with 1st party developer portal sites, SDKs and tools
- Experience with TRC, TCR and NSG (Lotcheck) guidelines
- Explicit experience in submitting build packages to 1st parties
- Experience in game development and publishing
- You have experience releasing on Epic Games store
- You have experience releasing mobile games on Apple and Google stores
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.