3D Art Lead - Legends of Runeterra
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That’s where you come in.
As the 3D Generalist Craft Lead for Legends of Runeterra, you will channel your knowledge of concepting, modeling, and texturing skills to help tell stories through visually compelling creatures, props and environments. Working within both design and technical constraints, you will build and lead a team of 3D artists to deliver optimized 3D objects that enhance the purpose and mood of the game. Your craft expertise and eye for structure, form, shape language, and design, will help develop fantastic new worlds for our players to experience.
- As overall craft lead in this 3D space, you will oversee the quality of the work the team deliver, and set the bar for excellence
- Use your understanding of optimized low poly asset creation
- Experience in hand painted textures with the ability to work around technical challenges
- Interpret concept designs while taking into account technical and design constraints such as draw calls, poly counts texture memory limits
- Communicate with various other disciplines to ensure all assets are performant
- Build and mentor a sizebale external 3D art team to help scale production
- Experience working with modeling, sculpting, and texturing programs such as Maya, Zbrush, Substance, and Photoshop
- Experience working with various game engine middleware solutions
- Familiar with Unity or applicable game engines is a plus
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
As a part of the application process we require a portfolio with handpainted environments, props, and creatures. Additionally, you may be asked to complete an art test.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.